Exchange wedding vows on the Grand Staircase of the historic Akron Civic Theater and share your first kiss as the year winds down in its final hours. One winning couple* will receive white gold companion wedding rings designed and custom made by C. L. Davis Jewelers, plus overnight accommodations and a deluxe breakfast from the Ramada Plaza Hotel located in the heart of Downtown Akron.
*Only couples holding an unendorsed marriage license are eligible for the wedding band raffle!
The first 50 couples to register will receive a Tresor Paris™Crystal Bracelet also provided by C.L. Davis Jewelers. Bracelets must be picked up New Year’s Eve between 6 - 7 p.m. at the Jewelry Store located in the Shoppes at Akron Centre at 76 S. Main Street. Photo ID will be required.
New Year's Eve Wedding/Renewal Rules & Regulations
- Applicants must be compliant with Ohio’s marriage laws and regulations; Applicants must pre-register for the wedding/renewal no later than 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, 12/19/2012. (Applications are now closed!)
- Couples may register by accessing the on-line application or by printing and mailing the registration form available on the website to: First Night Akron/ Wedding; 103 S High St., 4th Floor, Akron, Ohio 44308.
- Applicants must have a First Night 2013 admission button to be eligible for the wedding.
- Registered couples (actually getting married) will need to visit C.L. Davis Jewelers Friday, December 21 at 5:30 p.m. to be included in the drawing for wedding bands.
- Upon meeting all pre-disclosed requirements, the couple will receive a random lottery number.
- At 6:00 p.m. the winning lottery ticket will be drawn.
- The winning couple’s wedding bands will be sized to fit for the New Year’s Eve ceremony.
- The Tresor Paris™bracelets must be picked up from C.L Davis Jewelers New Year’s Eve between 6-7 p.m. to have the bracelet sized and to peruse the hundreds of other items available to purchase.
- Couples must report to the Civic Theater by 8:30 p.m.to receive any last minute instructions and to coordinate their placement. The ceremony will begin shortly after 9 p.m.